October 19, 2011 § 1 Comment
You can finally have that Christmas tree you have always dreamed of! Its true! No more need for those hideous green/red combos, Pantone has launched a new product! These amazing Christmas ornaments were designed by Selab Studio for Italian design house Seletti. They come in 10 different colors, each X-mas ball measures 8cm or 3.14″ in diameter. Perfect for a design nerd Christmas!
Available at Seletti America.
October 12, 2011 § Leave a comment
I am by no means a cat person. But this Stylestalker’s Baby’s On Fire lookbook is so absolutely stunning it almost makes me love cats!
October 12, 2011 § 1 Comment
So a few years back….maybe 5? A photographer came to P-town, a friend of a friend i ended up meeting him at nemo. After our first introduction he asked me if we could do a photo shoot. Flattered and shocked, me being all of 5’3″ but i quickly agreed. The next weekend we met in the studio at nemo, i brought my entire wardrobe and we shot for an hour or so. I haven’t really thought about those photos in years until i ran across one on the inter web this morning.
October 12, 2011 § 1 Comment
October 11, 2011 § 1 Comment
Launching in February of 2012, this will be a collaboration to remember!
I have been completely in love with Jeffery Campbell since the moment i met the shoes….this love affair started merely with the fact that JC was the only line with hot heals that came in size mini for my tiny peds. But now what was an innocent love affair has blossomed into a full blown obsession. Now, as i am nursing my wallet back to health and avoiding any place that carries my size (easy when you are a 4.5-5) i run across the news that my obsession may not be so easily weaned. Wildfox and JC are combining their evilly irresistible design powers to create a line that i am sure will prove to be positively wallet-crushing.
Start saving now. Feburary 2012 here I come.
October 3, 2011 § 1 Comment
As much as i don’t like rum, i absolutely love Melon! This drink is so absolutely beautiful to look at, i don’t see why it would be equally delicious, especially with the home made vanilla infused rum! YUM YUM!
The Melon Rumballa recipe was concocted and written by former Martha Stewart and Food & Wine stylist, Lauren Fister. Lauren now works for a studio, Teroforma. There are many of Teroforma items in the pictures.
Makes about 8 cocktails
- 3–4 ripe melons, depending on size
- 1/2 liter white rum
- 1 bunch fresh mint, cleaned and stemmed
- 3 limes juiced
- 8 oz ginger soda
- 8 oz coconut water
- whole vanilla beans
- candied ginger (for garnish)
- sugar for rimming the glasses
1. We made our own vanilla rum and suggest you do, too — it’s fun and allows you to use any quality of spirit you want while controlling the sweetness. Place 1 vanilla bean in a sealed jar or other vessel with rum and let sit. We used our own Issi cruets, which are usually intended for oil & vinegar but work just perfectly for this. Taste frequently until the rum reaches desired flavor. After a week, the rum will be fully infused; however, you can let stand for up to a month for a more intense punch.
4. In a pitcher, add muddled mint (and juices), lime juice, rum, ginger soda and coconut water and stir together. Again, a pitcher with a stirrer works best, but you can use a long spoon, too.
5. We love the mad scientist aspect to making cocktails. At this point, taste your drink to see what it needs. Every taste is different, so however you imagine it is how it should be. For more sweetness, we suggest more ginger soda, melon juice or even some simple sugar or pineapple juice. To reduce the sweetness, consider adding a touch more lime juice.
One last slice of summer before hot cider, falling leaves and pumpkin seeds begin.
October 2, 2011 § 3 Comments
Is now over! While checking out the updates on My Life Scoop i came across this posting! Cool Camera Bag Giveaway and could click all the links fast enough!
With these amazingly talented and stylish women creating such awesome photo bags, there is no reason to be schlepping around that nasty old photo bag.